To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD OnlineBuy series
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
»The Truth: John 15:1-5
• Andrew Murray: “So close is the union between the vine and the branch that each is without the other, that each is wholly and only for the .” (Abide in Christ 30-31)
1.“Without the vine the branch can do .” (Abide in Christ 30)
2. “Without the branch the vine can also do.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “A vine without branches can bear no fruit. No indispensable than the vine to the branch is the branch to the vine. Such is the wonderful condescension of the grace of Jesus that, just as His people are dependent on Him, He has made Himself on them. Without His disciples He cannot dispense His blessing to the world; He cannot offer sinners the grapes of the heavenly Canaan.” (Abide in Christ 30)
3. “All the vine possesses to the branches.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “. . . all [the vine] has is at the disposal of the branches. As it is the parent, so it is the servant of the branches. . . . All [Jesus’] fullness and all His riches are for you, O believer; for the vine does not live for itself, keeps nothing for itself, but exists for the branches.”
(Abide in Christ 30-31)
• Ellen White: “Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (Desire of Ages 57)
• “This promised blessing [of the Holy Spirit] brings all other blessings in its train . . . according to the riches of the grace of Christ.” (Desire of Ages 672)
4. “And all the branch possesses to the vine.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• Andrew Murray: “The branch does not exist for itself, but it exists to bear fruit that can proclaim the excellence of the vine. It has not reason for existence except to be of service to the vine. . . . As Jesus gives Himself so wholly over to the believer, the believer feels himself urged to be his Lord’s. Every power of his being, every moment of his life, every thought and feeling belong to Jesus—that from Him and for Him he may bring forth fruit.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• “Now let your answer be, ‘Amen, Lord! So be it. From eternity Christ and I were ordained for ; inseparably we belong to . It is God’s will; I shall abide in Christ.’” (Abide in Christ 47)
“All that You have is mine—
And all that I have is Yours.”
Family Resilience Conference
Over the past year, families have been bombarded by all sorts of stressors and challenges, ranging from the minor to the major, mostly thanks to the pandemic. With limited access to face-to-face help and social interaction, some families have been trying to cope with depression, anxiety, grief, abuse, trauma, and the like, often without the assistance, they need. Others have been overworked and overwhelmed. Family relations may have become strained. And we’re not out of the woods yet. But there is, thankfully, a glimmer of hope. How will our families fare when this pandemic subsides?
Pastor Ben and the Family Life Committee have recognized these challenges for families and in response have organized a Family Resilience Conference. It is scheduled for Sabbath, April 17, 3:00 – 7:00 PM and will be presented via Zoom.
There will be two presentations at each hour on topics related to parenting and family relationships during times of crisis, healthy grieving, the need for nature, and how families can be resilient. These will be followed by a Family Fun Session at 6:00 PM where families can spend some time having fun together and with other families.
Ruth Murdoch Elem. School Kindergarten Visitation Days
We are happy to invite you to a Kindergarten Visitation for both parent and child on April 21 and 22 at Ruth Murdoch Elementary School. Please call 269-471-3225 to schedule an appointment, with three or four families coming at a time, for a brief meeting. You will be able to meet the teacher, see the room with some projects set out, and meet a few of the other students who will be coming to Kindergarten. There will be a gift for parents and a craft bag for students. Masks required. A Zoom meeting will be available for those who can't attend.
Offering for April 10, 2021
Sarah loved Jesus from a young age and always believed in Him. Yet, she felt she was never good enough for Him and didn't see how she would be able to do all of the right things in order to be saved. Sarah found herself engaging in unhealthy habits, searching for worth in relationships and substances. Sarah knew this was not the right path, and she shared her feelings with a friend. Her friend suggested she download some resources on her phone that would allow her to lift up her thoughts and feel that God was close to her. That's when Sarah found Hope Channel—right in the app store on her phone. "I liked the name," Sarah said. "'I thought okay, Hope Channel' – I am really looking for hope right now!" She immediately began to watch the program Table Talk. Through this program, Sarah was able to see and understand God’s grace. Her life began to transform. This led to finding Let's Pray LIVE. "They say 'the place where you don't have to pray alone,'" said Sarah. "My husband is not a believer so a lot of times I do pray alone, and since I found them, I'm not!" Sarah says, "I'm just so grateful that I found [Hope Channel] and since I found it, I have never once thought about throwing away this precious life that I've been given. I am joyful." Thousands across North America and around the world like Sarah are searching for hope. Today, your offering will further the ministry of Hope Channel. Let us join together to share hope around the world!
—Elizabeth Camps, Director of Marketing for Hope Channel International, Inc.
Pioneer Live on Roku
We are pleased to announce the availability to view worship, both 9:00 AM and 11:45 AM services, on Roku® devices and enabled TVs! On your Roku device simply search for "Pioneer Memorial Church Live" and add the channel to your Home screen. You can also sign into your Roku account and add it here. If you need assistance adding our channel please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join ASAP Ministries and the Stevensville Seventh-day Adventist Church for a special Spring Week of Prayer, April 12-17. Attend in person or via Zoom to discover the power of prayer through Spirit-filled presentations and united prayer sessions led by
missionary and ASAP Ministries' Prayer Coordinator Gem Castor. Visit asapministries.org for more details, including Zoom login information.
Thank You from the Damron family
Thank you for the beautiful bouquet of flowers we received from PMC when our dear mother passed away. Those flowers, along with the many calls, cards and other expressions of sympathy, made us feel so loved and supported at this sad time. We are greatly touched by your caring hearts.
–The Family of Mary Jean Damron
Free Tax Prep!
If you earned $57,000 or less you can have your 2020 income tax prepared for free by IRS certified volunteers at Andrews University. This is a drop-off only site with limited space. Please call 269-471-6538 Thursday, Friday or Sunday 12:30 – 5:00 PM (don’t leave a message) or email Cidfreetax@gmail.com to schedule an appointment to drop off your documents. Appointments can be made for any Sunday afternoon March 21 – April 11 (12:30 – 4:30 PM). Drop-off site will be at Andrews University, Buller Hall, room 203 by appointment only.
Wages, salaries, etc. (Form W-2)
Interest Income (Form 1099-INT)
Dividends Received (Form 1099-DIV)
State Tax Refunds (Form 1099-G)
Unemployment Benefits (Form 1099-G)
IRA Distributions (Form 1099-R)
Pension Income (Forms 1099-R, RRB-1099, CSA-1099)
Social Security Benefits (Form SSA-1099) (RRB-1099)
Gambling Winnings (Form W-2G)
Education Credits (Form 1098-T)
Child Tax Credit
Earned Income Credit
Health Insurance Statements (Forms 1095-A, B or C)
What to Bring
For married filing joint, both spouses must be present
Photo identification for you and your spouse (if filing joint return)
Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number documents for you, your spouse, and dependents
Birth dates for you, spouse, and dependents
A copy of last year’s tax return
All Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099 Form 1095-A (Marketplace Health Insurance)
Information for other income
Information for all deductions/credits
Total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number
For direct deposit of refund, proof of account
40 Days of Prayer Challenge
The Pioneer Family is invited to join Stephen Farr and @Unmistakablymelissa for a very special 40 Days of Prayer Challenge March 31 – May 9, 2021. Melissa and Stephen will be going through the devotional book "40 Days Prayers and Devotions to Prepare for the Second Coming," by Dennis Smith. Each day you can join them on Instagram for a Live re-cap and a special time of prayer. Melissa will also be sharing each day on her YouTube channel.
The goal of this challenge is to empower you and a partner to strengthen your prayer time, to encourage you to pray for others, to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit and to pray together as a community for the Second Coming of Jesus. By joining this challenge, you are becoming a part of a revival that is beginning right here at Andrews University and is already reaching people around the world. You are joining in our shared mission to be World Changers for a changing world. You are joining in praying that Andrews University, its staff, faculty and students will be blessed now and, in the years, to come with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. We want to see revival. We want to see "His Kingdom Come and His will Done on Earth as it is in Heaven." We want to be part of preaching the gospel to the world as a witness to all the nations and we want to see Jesus coming again in the clouds. Amen
If you'd like to join in the challenge, the book can be ordered on Amazon or at www.spiritbaptism.org. Live sessions will be recorded each day and uploaded to Instagram, YouTube, and Andrews University Graduate Student Association Facebook Page and multiple other platforms.
"Thank you so much for joining us in this 40 Days of Prayer Challenge. I can't wait to hear and share the miracle stories that happen during and after this challenge."
–Stephen William Farr, Andrews University Graduate Student Association Student Chaplain
Media Team Volunteers
The Pioneer Media Team is looking for additional volunteers for its local audio and global television ministry. Members volunteer at least 1 time every 3 Sabbaths, for both the 9:00 AM and 11:45 AM services. Current needs include Platform Manager, and various Audio Technician positions. Extensive experience is not required to volunteer and training is provided. Volunteers should be at least a Junior in high school for media roles.