The Junior High students from Ruth Murdoch Elementary School will hold The Tent meetings on Friday, May 14 through 22, 2021. Meetings take place every night, except Tuesday. We invite you to support our kids by watching and invite a friend or family member to watch too, so they can get to know Jesus better.
If 'Righteousness Exalts a Nation,' What's Going 2 Happen 2 the USA
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
#RxF4Now—If 'Righteousness Exalts a Nation,' What’s Going 2 Happen 2 the USA?
- Elijah Mvundura: “Primal passions: fear, egoism, anger, and hatred, the kind that Mussolini and Hitler exploited and mobilized, are once again potent factors in the politics of Western democracies. Driving these passions is the same disillusionment with liberal democracy, the same gnawing sense of overwhelming crisis that things are falling apart and the center cannot hold. The parallels with Europe in the 1920s are ominously striking.” “. . . not only do we have a thoroughly interconnected and interdependent global economy—social media connects people globally, which allows them to speak with one voice. Now imagine a catastrophic global economic collapse against a background of social unrest, radical jihadist and anarchist violence, hordes of extremists inflaming passions and speeches, blogs or tweets of demagogues going viral; and new totalitarianisms become conceivable. As a matter of fact, democracy has been in retreat worldwide. This drift toward authoritarianism brings to mind Christ’s words, ‘If people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?’” (Liberty May/June 2016 p 6)
- Premise #1—God is in —He .
- Daniel 2:19-22
- Portrayal of God #1—He is the ultimate .
- Desire of Ages: “But like the stars in the vast circuit of their appointed path, God’s purposes know no haste and no delay.” (32)
- Portrayal of God #2—He is the ultimate .
- Portrayal of God #3—He is the ultimate .
- Portrayal of God #4—He is the ultimate .
- Review and Herald 8-5-1902: “Those who place themselves under God’s control, to be led and guided by Him, will catch the steady trend of events ordained by Him to take place.”
- Premise #2—God’s purpose in Earth politics is always to display His as revealed in His who carry out His .
- Daniel 2:46, 47
- Daniel 3:28, 29
- Daniel 4:37
- Daniel 5:22
- Daniel 6:26, 27
- Premise #3—God expects political leaders—no matter their religious persuasion (or the lack thereof)—to abide by the principles of .
- Proverbs 14:34—“[right-doing] exalts a nation, but [wrong-doing] condemns any people.”
- Proverbs 16:12—“Kings detest wrongdoing, for a throne is established through [right-doing].”
- Proverbs 20:28—“and faithfulness keep a king safe; through his throne is made secure.”
- Proverbs 24:11-12 The Message: “Rescue the perishing; don’t hesitate to step in and help. If you say, ‘Hey, that’s none of my business,’ will that get you off the hook? Someone is watching you closely, you know—someone not impressed with weak excuses.”
- “The Lord has done more for the United States than for any other country upon which the sun shines. Here He provided an asylum for His people, where they could worship Him according to the dictates of conscience. Here Christianity has progressed in its purity.” (Maranatha 193)
- “The Bible was held as the foundation of faith, the source of wisdom, and the charter of liberty. Its principles were diligently taught in the home, in the school, and in the church, and its fruits were manifest in thrift, intelligence, purity, and temperance. . . . It was demonstrated that the principles of the Bible are the surest safeguards of national greatness.” (Great Controversy 296)
- “As nations forget God, in like proportion they become weak morally. . . . It is sin that is ruining nations today. . . . A disregard for God’s law has brought the sure result.” (Character Sketches from the Life of Daniel 45)
- 5T 713
“Once to every man and nation
comes the moment to decide,
in the strife of truth with falsehood,
for the good or evil side.”
—James Russell Lowell
Local Church Budget
We can talk about being “on fire” as a good thing. But when flames and fire trucks appear, a church on fire is never good news! This is exactly what one of our North American churches experienced.
Once the fire was out and the immediate crisis over, the church members met to make plans for how to meet the emergency. They gave offering appeals for repairs. The work of restoration began at once.
But there was another special need. The Pathfinder club, with about 50 children wanted to attend the Camporee that year. At first, they asked for permission to raise funds from resources outside the church. The board granted permission. The young people began asking for donations from family and friends. They wrote letters to aunts, uncles, cousins, and neighbors. Little by little, the Pathfinder funds arrived.
The last Sabbath before the deadline for Camporee, the Pathfinder club still fell somewhat short of their goal. In spite of the focus on fire restoration, the pastor gave a special appeal for the Pathfinder club. The congregation responded, and the Pathfinders had the funds needed for the Camporee.
The Pathfinders refused to believe that it was impossible for them to raise the funds within months. They had faith God would bless. Their motto was Matthew 19:26. “But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, with men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.”
Today, let us remember that what seems impossible becomes possible when a church family works together to support the local church budget.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
Come meet Jesus and grow together as families in Summer Sabbath Schools, in person at 10:30 am each Sabbath. New families welcome! With limited capacity and safety guidelines, application is required - and easy: text SUMMERSS to 269-28-12345.
Parents are encouraged to help some Sabbaths and attend a parent group hosted by Something in Common. Lori & Duane Covrig will lead a DVD series Staying in Love, by Andy Stanley, in the Nursery room all summer. Check in is required to access all Sabbath Schools.
Leading a Grow Group helps you build community, get involved, and grow your faith alongside others who share your passion. Register to lead a Summer and/or Fall Grow Group today!
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Summer Group Registration Deadline: May 18, 2021
- Summer Session: June 6 – July 31, 2021
- Fall Group Registration Deadline: August 21, 2021
- Fall Leader Orientation: September 19, 2021
- Fall Session: September 19 – December 11, 2021
We are pleased to announce the availability to view worship, both 9:00 AM and 11:45 AM services, on Roku devices and enabled TVs! On your Roku device simply search for "Pioneer Memorial Church Live" and add the channel to your Home screen. You can also sign into your Roku account and add it here. If you need assistance adding our channel please send an email to email@example.com.
If you earned $57,000 or less you can have your 2020 income tax prepared for free by IRS certified volunteers at Andrews University. This is a drop-off only site with limited space. Please call 269-471-6538 Thursday, Friday or Sunday 12:30 – 5:00 PM (don’t leave a message) or email Cidfreetax@gmail.com to schedule an appointment to drop off your documents. Appointments can be made for any Sunday afternoon March 21 – April 11 (12:30 – 4:30 PM). Drop-off site will be at Andrews University, Buller Hall, room 203 by appointment only.
- Wages, salaries, etc. (Form W-2)
- Interest Income (Form 1099-INT)
- Dividends Received (Form 1099-DIV)
- State Tax Refunds (Form 1099-G)
- Unemployment Benefits (Form 1099-G)
- IRA Distributions (Form 1099-R)
- Pension Income (Forms 1099-R, RRB-1099, CSA-1099)
- Social Security Benefits (Form SSA-1099) (RRB-1099)
- Gambling Winnings (Form W-2G)
- Education Credits (Form 1098-T)
- Child Tax Credit
- Earned Income Credit
- Health Insurance Statements (Forms 1095-A, B or C)
What to Bring
- For married filing joint, both spouses must be present
- Photo identification for you and your spouse (if filing joint return)
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number documents for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Birth dates for you, spouse, and dependents
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- All Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099 Form 1095-A (Marketplace Health Insurance)
- Information for other income
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number
- For direct deposit of refund, proof of account
The Pioneer Media Team is looking for additional volunteers for its local audio and global television ministry. Members volunteer at least 1 time every 3 Sabbaths, for both the 9:00 AM and 11:45 AM services. Current needs include Platform Manager, and various Audio Technician positions. Extensive experience is not required to volunteer and training is provided. Volunteers should be at least a Junior in high school for media roles.
If you have not been able to connect with your Sabbath School Class due to the pandemic, we would like to hear from you so that we can put you back in touch with your class. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Heidi Ha, Pioneer's Member Engagement Coordinator on 269-471-3133. Some Sabbath School classes are meeting face-to-face in the Seminary on Sabbath mornings. These classes follow the CDC and State of Michigan protocols for social distancing; other classes are meeting virtually through Zoom. We are happy to connect you with any of these classes.
-Mordekai Ongo, Sabbath School Superintendent