Robby Raney and some of his colleagues will present a hymn sing program at 4:00 PM on October 22 at Historic Adventist Village in Battle Creek, Michigan. You're invited to come and sing the stories of our Pioneers.
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Charmed into Righteousness: The Greatest Forgiver”
- The Stunning Promises
- Isaiah 43:25—“‘I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins .’”
- Isaiah 38:17—“You have put all my sins .”
- Isaiah 44:22—“‘I have swept away your offenses like a , your sins like the .’”
- Jeremiah 31:34—“‘For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins .’”
- Micah 7:18, 19—“Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl our iniquities into the .”
- 1 John 1:9—“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to us our sins and us from all unrighteousness.”
- Isaiah 1:18—“‘Come now, let us settle the matter,’ says the Lord. ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as ; though they are red as crimson, they shall be as .’”
- Hebrews 10:17/8:12—“‘Their sins and lawless acts I will remember .’”
- The Stunning Proof
- Psalm 51:1-2
- 1 Kings 14:8—“‘. . . but you [Jeroboam] have not been like my servant David, who  kept my and  followed me with his heart,  doing what was right in my eyes.’”
- Steps to Christ: “If you give yourself to [Jesus], and accept Him as your Saviour, then, sinful as your life may have been, for His sake you are accounted righteous. Christ’s character stands in place of your character, and you are accepted before God just as if .”
- The Stunning Prayer
- C. S. Lewis: “We must lay before Him what is in us, not what to be in us. . . . The prayer preceding all prayers is ‘May it be the real who speaks. May it be the real that I speak to.” (Letters to Malcolm: Chiefly on Prayer 22, 82)
- What if—in the light of this breath-taking portrait of God—we made the choice right now to practice spiritual and emotional when we are alone with God in prayer?
- Philip Yancey: “Unless I level with God . . . that relationship [with Him] will go nowhere. I may continue going to church, singing hymns and praise choruses, even addressing God politely in formal prayers, but I will never break through the intimacy barrier. . . . We must trust God with what God already .” (Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? 42)
- Luke 23:34—“Father, forgive them—for they do not know what they are doing.”
- Desire of Ages: “That prayer of Christ for His enemies embraced the world. It took in every sinner that had lived or should live, from the beginning of the world to the end of time. Upon all rests the guilt of crucifying the Son of God. To , forgiveness is freely offered. ‘Whosoever will’ may have peace with God, and inherit eternal life.” (745)
“No better time than Now”
The next Children’s Leadership Conference will take place on October 29th, 2022, 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM, at Chan Shun Hall, Andrews University. It is a one-day free in English & Spanish event focusing on Track 2: Teaching Children from the NAD Children’s Ministry Certification.
COLLECTING NEW UNDERWEAR AND PAJAMAS OF ALL CHILD SIZES. God's Hands 4 Kids is a ministry that started as a PMC Grow Group. We work closely with Berrien County DHHS. We maintain their "Closet" that has an inventory of clothes and other essentials that are available to workers 24/7. Many kids come into care with nothing except what they have on. We are currently collecting new underwear and pajamas. There is a collection bin in the lower PMC lobby. Items can be dropped off at RMES. We have other local 24/7 drop-off locations. Contact with us can be made through GH4K.org. Join our FaceBook page - God's Hands 4 Kids Foster...
Pioneer's fellowship dinner teams need additional members to help with the Sabbath fellowship dinners. Teams serve about three times a year. You don't need to know how to cook to be on a team. There are many ways you can be involved and enjoy the ministry together. Contact the church office at 269-471-6565 to sign-up.
The Family Life Committee invites you to Pioneer's Annual Hayride, returning after a two-year hiatus! Join us for rides through the woods, refreshments, a bonfire, and warm fellowship. Sunday, October 9, 6-8 PM at Five Pines Ministries, Berrien Center. Enjoy the beauty of fall with your Pioneer family!
Pioneer Operating Budget
John 15:4 “Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.”
We worship God with our resources as a response to the call to bear fruits. John the Baptist appealed to those who were coming to him for baptism: “Produce fruit in keeping with your repentance.” (Matt. 3:8). For John, baptism and being part of God’s people were not sufficient. The Gospel of Luke shares some concrete examples of the “fruit of our repentance” that John the Baptist gave to those who came to him. He asked the tax collector not to collect any more than was required. He exhorted the soldiers not to “extort money” and “be content with your pay.” And he commanded the crowd to share their second shirt and food with the one who does not have (Lk. 3: 10-14). These examples reported by Luke have something in common; they are related to one’s attitudes towards finances and material possessions. Fruit of our repentance means being careful about how we use our resources, making sure to bless and not harm others.
The Bible tells the story of a man, Nabal, a son of Abraham who was heavily blessed but did not bear fruit of repentance in his material life. He refused to reward those who protected his flock and would harshly rebuke the servants of David who came to ask for some food. This attitude led his wife to call him wicked and to make the following comment: “He is just like his name—his name means Fool, and folly goes with him” (1 Sam. 25:25). Sadly, the following day, he had a stroke. Ten days later, he died.
As we reflect on the need to bear more fruits of repentance in our material life, let us apply the advice of Jesus: “Remain in me as I also remain in you.” This week, as we worship with our tithe and regular offerings we can bear fruits of repentance.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
Helping hands needed. Are you looking for a project that is fun to do and really helps a wonderful Andrews organization? WAUS has a large mailing that will be processed/envelope stuffed on Thursday, October 6th starting at 9:00am until every envelope is stuffed! We would love to have you join us. Please call the station at 269-471-3400 to let us know you will be joining us. Looking forward to the joy of working together.
This fall Pioneer is partnering with the Center for Faith Engagement at Andrews University to offer the Pure Desire Conference. This is a two-day event designed to raise an awareness of the factors that create and reinforce unhealthy sexual behavior. It provides a comprehensive understanding and the tools required to develop a healing ministry that offers hope and freedom to men, women, students, and families.
October 21-22, 2022
Location: Andrews University Seminary Chapel
Home & School is hosting a Bike-a-Thon/Walk-a-Thon fundraiser for the RMES students on October 23. Students have been challenged to raise at least $100 each in sponsors. Some students may not have many contacts from which to solicit sponsorship. We would like to create a list of names of potential sponsors that students could contact. If you'd like to add your name to the list, please email your contact information and the number of students you're willing to have contact you to RMESHomeAndSchool@gmail.com. Proceeds from this fundraiser will be used for the RMES carpet upgrade project (90%) and Home & School activities (10%). If you’d like to make a general donation to this fundraiser, mark your tithe envelope RMES Bike-a-Thon.
Relat(able)-video series with Louie Giglio. What if instead of looking for the right person, we become that person, that friend or spouse everyone is looking for? What if we start holding ourselves to the standards we expect of those around us? We only have one life to leave a permanent mark on eternity; why not make our relationships count?
September 3 - The Shovel and the Spoon
September 10 - The Man/Woman in the Mirror
September 17 - A God to Call Father
September 24 - The Friend Everyone Longs For
October 1 - Becoming Someone vs. Finding Someone
October 8 - Handshake of Peace
October 15 - Why Date?
October 22 - Marriage with a Mission
Everyone is welcome.
Pioneer Room 141
Sabbath, 10:30-11:30 AM