To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD OnlineBuy series
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
• Abigail Disney says: “Money is morally neutral”—but Jesus says: “Money is morally .”
• 1 Timothy 6:9-10—“Those who to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.”
• Luke 6:37-38
• The Message: “Give away your life; you’ll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. begets .”
• Generosity—God’s big deal:
• Psalm 37:26—“The righteous are always and lend freely. Their children will be a blessing.”
• Proverbs 11:25—“A person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.”
• Proverbs 19:17—“Whoever is to the poor lends to the LORD, and He will repay them for their deed.”
• 2 Corinthians 9:6, 11—“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows will also reap generously. . . . You will be enriched in every way so you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your will result in thanksgiving to God.”
• 2 Corinthians 8:2—“In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich .”
• 2 Corinthians 9:15—“Thanks be to God for His indescribable .”
• The email
• Desire of Ages: “[At the cross] His love for the sinner is stronger than death. . . He will spare nothing, however dear. . . . Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (57)
"Generosity begets generosity"
Jukebox Saturday Night
Jukebox Saturday Night celebrates music of the great Big Bands during the 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s. An energetic group of instrumentalists and vocalists will keep you moving in your seats, tapping your toes, and clapping your hands. A fun filled event for all ages recreating memories for anyone who has ever experienced the fine arrangements of big band music, and creating new exciting memories for anyone who is now enjoying it for the first time. Go to http://howard.andrews.edu for ticket prices.
No Heat in Pioneer Memorial Church
Due to a faulty heat exchanger and the lack of heat in the Pioneer Sanctuary, we encourage you to dress accordingly for Sabbath worship or other programs there. We apologize for the inconvenience.
–Pioneer Memorial Church
Resuming Seminary Sabbath School Class
The Seminary Sabbath School class that is taught by Jacques Doukhan, Denis Fortin, Ante Jeroncic, Jiri Moskala, and Ranko Stefanovic is back. If interested, we will be glad to see you in the same place: Seminary classroom N150 (the largest one in the basement). We appreciate your help in spreading this information to other class members.
Center for Adventist Research Administrative Assistant Opening
The Center for Adventist Research at Andrews University is an important ministry for our church that is responsible for preserving and promoting the heritage of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. If you are seeking full-time employment with benefits to serve the church and would like to support our ministry as our administrative assistant, please apply at https://www.andrews.edu/admres/jobs/show/staff_hourly#job_8
Upload Your Favorite Photos!
Help us to complete the Pioneer Memorial Church Directory. Upload your favorite personal and family photos directly to the church database! Look out for the link and the instructions coming soon to your mailbox.
Women's Ministries Sabbath Delight Weekend
Pioneer Women's Ministries is hosting a ladies' Sabbath Delight Weekend with guest speakers Jo Ann Davidson and Yolande Robertson. We will be sharing some practical ideas on how we can celebrate the Sabbath using all five senses, especially as we open and close the Sabbath. You are invited to explore with us how to celebrate using all the senses in delighting in this wonderful gift from God, and experience the rest and healing God is promising to us.
Friday check-in begins at 6:00 PM with the meeting following after. Programming resumes 3:00 - 8:00 PM on Saturday. For gluten-free options email firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is required. Text DELIGHT to (269) 281-2345 or register online before October 20.
October 29-30, 2021
Andrews University Seminary Chapel
Pioneer's new Collegiate Sabbath School meets in the Pioneer Commons! This is a place for interactive connections with Collegiates and with God, to study the stories of Jesus and what they mean for us today. Breakfast snacks will be provided.
Weekly on Sabbath, 10:30 AM
Location: Pioneer Commons
Pioneer Safety Update
Pioneer cares about the health of our community and our congregation. We monitor the spread of COVID-19, especially the delta variant, closely. Berrien County's level of transmission is now High, as classified by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In alignment with Andrews University (AU), masks are now required indoors at Pioneer, regardless of vaccination status (AU guidelines).
wear a mask indoors
practice physical distancing
practice good hand hygiene
If you feel unwell at all, even with symptoms of a cold or flu, please do join our online worship at https://www.pmchurch.org.
We pray for God's continued protection to keep our church community safe and healthy,
—Pioneer Safety Committee
Join Timeless Tours next March 16-27, 2022 for an unforgettable tour to ancient Egypt. Two experienced biblical archaeologists will be your guides. For more information contact Timeless Tours through Stefanie Elkins at email@example.com. You can also learn more about the tour, find application forms, payments, itineraries and more via our website; www.digtheadventure.com.
Sabbath Afternoon Prayer Walk
Join us for our Sabbath afternoon prayer walk on campus! We meet at the stairs behind the statue, and it starts at 5:00 PM and ends by 6:00 PM. We would love to have you join us. If that day/time does not work for you, there are other days that people are
prayer walking, as well. Questions? Contact: Ildiko at firstname.lastname@example.org; Andrew at email@example.com; or Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org.