Pioneer Women’s Ministries engages women in Christ-centered discipleship, fellowship and service to glorify God through prayerfully planned activities and events. We are inviting you to participate in a survey that will help plan these activities and events this year. We would be delighted to hear from you either by completing the online survey or by phone by calling Lyn McCarty at 269-208-3377.
Two Last Stories, One Final Truth
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
(Two Last Stories, One Final Truth)”
» Two Last Stories
• Vintage Tale #1—Matthew 21:28-32
• The tale modified: “There was a Father who had two congregations. He went to the first congregation and said, ‘My people, go and work today in My vineyard.’ ‘We will not!’ the congregation retorted, but later they changed their mind and went to work in their Father’s vineyard. Then the Father went to the other congregation and said the same thing, ‘My people, go and work today in My vineyard.’ The congregation responded, ‘We will, Lord.’ But they did not go and work in their Father’s vineyard. So which of the two congregations did what their Father wanted?”
• Vintage Tale #2—Matthew 20:1-15
• “‘Or are you envious because I am generous?’”
» One Final Truth
• If we have the Father’s heart, we will work the Father’s harvest.
• Revelation 7:9-12
• Bruce Wilkinson: “God has shown us how our story ends—with countless people from every nation on earth crying out joyfully to God. What part of that throng will be there because of you? What part of God’s dream is linked to your destiny? Just think what a difference you could make in many, many lives if you were to pray passionately and faithfully for enlarged territory from God, for God [in His vineyard]. Imagine the miraculous divine partnership that will grow out of your plea, Let me accomplish more for You. With His infinite ability and your willing availability, He can literally do anything.” (Beyond the Prayer of Jabez 108)
• How can you have your Father’s heart for lost people?
#1—Kneel at the foot of the cross—in your mind’s eye.
#2—Look up into your Savior’s face—remember the truth: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.” (1 Timothy 1:15)
#3—Pray for the Holy Spirit: “Are you using all your powers in an effort to bring the lost sheep back to the fold? There are thousands upon thousands in ignorance who might be warned. Pray as you have never prayed before for the power of Christ. Pray for the inspiration of His Spirit, that you may be filled with a desire to save those who are perishing.” (In Heavenly Places 338 emphasis supplied)
#4—Ask the Spirit to send you to someone today and go.
#5—Stay in the vineyard and work with the Father until the harvest is finished.
If we have the Father’s heart,
we will work the Father’s harvest.
It's a fresh new year, and it's time for a fresh new Grow Groups season! Grow Groups are Pioneer's small groups that incorporate 5 S's: Shared interest, Spiritual touchpoint, Service project, Social event, Semester-based. That's it, in a nutshell! Grow Groups are for EVERYONE—all welcome to join.
Leaders, if you are passionate about something and want to use that to foster community and lead others to Jesus, we can probably help you turn that passion into a Grow Group! Let us know as soon as possible because the deadline to sign up to lead a group is January 21. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit pmchurch.org/grow to sign up.
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Digital Group Leader Registration Deadline: January 21
- Leader Orientation (via Zoom): February 1, 7:00 PM
- Spring Grow Groups Meet: February 7 – May 1
It is almost time for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. Pioneer knows that you have had an unusual year and wants to make it easy for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. This time around, you will receive your Contribution Statement easily and conveniently via email. If you have not recently updated your contact details, please email email@example.com with your current email address to ensure that you receive your statement. Thank you!
"Military life can be a lonely life away from family on deployment," notes James North, Pioneer's Servicepersons Coordinator. "Military families may have a difficult time in a foreign country even though they are together," he continues. "I spent 358 days (I marked each day on a self-created calendar) in Viet Nam away from my wife and 3 toddler daughters. My access to some of the following material was vital."
SDA military persons may receive complimentary subscriptions to Adventist Review, the Adult Bible Study Guide (Sabbath School), and For God and Country and the choice of 2 journals from Guide, Liberty, Message, Our Little Friend, Primary Treasure, Signs of the Times, and Vibrant Life.
A 2021 order form and instructions are found on page 28 of the current issue of For God and Country and I will post a copy of the form in next week's bulletin. If you have military Adventist family members we invite you to send this information to them.