To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD OnlineBuy series
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
»The Truth: John 15:1-5
• Andrew Murray: “So close is the union between the vine and the branch that each is without the other, that each is wholly and only for the .” (Abide in Christ 30-31)
1.“Without the vine the branch can do .” (Abide in Christ 30)
2. “Without the branch the vine can also do.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “A vine without branches can bear no fruit. No indispensable than the vine to the branch is the branch to the vine. Such is the wonderful condescension of the grace of Jesus that, just as His people are dependent on Him, He has made Himself on them. Without His disciples He cannot dispense His blessing to the world; He cannot offer sinners the grapes of the heavenly Canaan.” (Abide in Christ 30)
3. “All the vine possesses to the branches.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “. . . all [the vine] has is at the disposal of the branches. As it is the parent, so it is the servant of the branches. . . . All [Jesus’] fullness and all His riches are for you, O believer; for the vine does not live for itself, keeps nothing for itself, but exists for the branches.”
(Abide in Christ 30-31)
• Ellen White: “Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (Desire of Ages 57)
• “This promised blessing [of the Holy Spirit] brings all other blessings in its train . . . according to the riches of the grace of Christ.” (Desire of Ages 672)
4. “And all the branch possesses to the vine.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• Andrew Murray: “The branch does not exist for itself, but it exists to bear fruit that can proclaim the excellence of the vine. It has not reason for existence except to be of service to the vine. . . . As Jesus gives Himself so wholly over to the believer, the believer feels himself urged to be his Lord’s. Every power of his being, every moment of his life, every thought and feeling belong to Jesus—that from Him and for Him he may bring forth fruit.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• “Now let your answer be, ‘Amen, Lord! So be it. From eternity Christ and I were ordained for ; inseparably we belong to . It is God’s will; I shall abide in Christ.’” (Abide in Christ 47)
“All that You have is mine—
And all that I have is Yours.”
Jukebox Saturday Night
Jukebox Saturday Night celebrates music of the great Big Bands during the 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s. An energetic group of instrumentalists and vocalists will keep you moving in your seats, tapping your toes, and clapping your hands. A fun filled event for all ages recreating memories for anyone who has ever experienced the fine arrangements of big band music, and creating new exciting memories for anyone who is now enjoying it for the first time. Go to http://howard.andrews.edu for ticket prices.
No Heat in Pioneer Memorial Church
Due to a faulty heat exchanger and the lack of heat in the Pioneer Sanctuary, we encourage you to dress accordingly for Sabbath worship or other programs there. We apologize for the inconvenience.
–Pioneer Memorial Church
Resuming Seminary Sabbath School Class
The Seminary Sabbath School class that is taught by Jacques Doukhan, Denis Fortin, Ante Jeroncic, Jiri Moskala, and Ranko Stefanovic is back. If interested, we will be glad to see you in the same place: Seminary classroom N150 (the largest one in the basement). We appreciate your help in spreading this information to other class members.
Center for Adventist Research Administrative Assistant Opening
The Center for Adventist Research at Andrews University is an important ministry for our church that is responsible for preserving and promoting the heritage of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. If you are seeking full-time employment with benefits to serve the church and would like to support our ministry as our administrative assistant, please apply at https://www.andrews.edu/admres/jobs/show/staff_hourly#job_8
Upload Your Favorite Photos!
Help us to complete the Pioneer Memorial Church Directory. Upload your favorite personal and family photos directly to the church database! Look out for the link and the instructions coming soon to your mailbox.
Women's Ministries Sabbath Delight Weekend
Pioneer Women's Ministries is hosting a ladies' Sabbath Delight Weekend with guest speakers Jo Ann Davidson and Yolande Robertson. We will be sharing some practical ideas on how we can celebrate the Sabbath using all five senses, especially as we open and close the Sabbath. You are invited to explore with us how to celebrate using all the senses in delighting in this wonderful gift from God, and experience the rest and healing God is promising to us.
Friday check-in begins at 6:00 PM with the meeting following after. Programming resumes 3:00 - 8:00 PM on Saturday. For gluten-free options email email@example.com. Registration is required. Text DELIGHT to (269) 281-2345 or register online before October 20.
October 29-30, 2021
Andrews University Seminary Chapel
Pioneer's new Collegiate Sabbath School meets in the Pioneer Commons! This is a place for interactive connections with Collegiates and with God, to study the stories of Jesus and what they mean for us today. Breakfast snacks will be provided.
Weekly on Sabbath, 10:30 AM
Location: Pioneer Commons
Pioneer Safety Update
Pioneer cares about the health of our community and our congregation. We monitor the spread of COVID-19, especially the delta variant, closely. Berrien County's level of transmission is now High, as classified by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In alignment with Andrews University (AU), masks are now required indoors at Pioneer, regardless of vaccination status (AU guidelines).
wear a mask indoors
practice physical distancing
practice good hand hygiene
If you feel unwell at all, even with symptoms of a cold or flu, please do join our online worship at https://www.pmchurch.org.
We pray for God's continued protection to keep our church community safe and healthy,
—Pioneer Safety Committee
Join Timeless Tours next March 16-27, 2022 for an unforgettable tour to ancient Egypt. Two experienced biblical archaeologists will be your guides. For more information contact Timeless Tours through Stefanie Elkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also learn more about the tour, find application forms, payments, itineraries and more via our website; www.digtheadventure.com.
Sabbath Afternoon Prayer Walk
Join us for our Sabbath afternoon prayer walk on campus! We meet at the stairs behind the statue, and it starts at 5:00 PM and ends by 6:00 PM. We would love to have you join us. If that day/time does not work for you, there are other days that people are
prayer walking, as well. Questions? Contact: Ildiko at email@example.com; Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org; or Andrea at email@example.com.