The February 27, 2021 offering is for Michigan Advance Partners (MAP). This is the Michigan Conference offering taken up on the fourth Sabbath of every month. This requested MAP offering is separate from and above and beyond our regular Tithe offering and the separate "Combined Budget" offering for our local church expense. The MAP offering has been a most important Michigan Conference offering since 1978 when leading laymen recognized a financial need at Conference level and established the Michigan Conference Lay Advisory Program. MAP funds support a variety of key Conference programs such as Evangelism, Camp Au Sable, Camp Meeting, Education equipment, Great Lakes Adventist Academy, "Project Assist" for our secondary students attending our Michigan academies, and Special Projects. Recently Renovate at PMC was one of these special projects. The requested and hoped-for goal for MAP contributions is for each Michigan family giving unit to contribute one percent (1%) of income earmarked specifically for Michigan Advance Partners. Currently, Conference-wide we raise just 30% of that goal. If every member in Michigan would regularly commit to a MAP offering 1% of income, instead of the $800,000 per year we now raise, we would be receiving three million dollars! This would vitally enable the Michigan Conference to do even more to support the spread of the gospel in this beautiful corner of God's vineyard!
The Heart Series
King of Hearts: Can You Feel the Love?
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
"King of Hearts: Can You Feel the Love?"
- King of Hearts
- Romans 15:30—"I urge you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me."
- R. A. Torrey—"It is of the highest importance from a practical standpoint that we know the Holy Spirit as a . To think of the Spirit as merely an influence or power, then your thought will constantly be, 'How can I get hold of the Holy Spirit and use it? How can I get more of the ?’ But if you think of Him in the biblical way, as a Person of divine majesty and glory, your thought will be, 'How can the Holy Spirit get hold of me and use me? How can the Holy Spirit get more of ?’" (R. A. Torrey on the Holy Spirit: A 30-day Devotional Treasury Day 1)
- Can you believe that—the majestic, glorious Being and Person we think of as the Third Person of the Godhead you and me!
- Paul’s stunning portrayal of Trinity love:
- Romans 5:5—the love of
- Romans 5:8—the love of God the
- Romans 8:35—the love of God the
- Romans 8:38-39—the love of God the and God the
- Romans 15:30—the love of God the
- R. A. Torrey: "But had it not been for the love of the Holy Spirit to me, leading Him to come down to this world in obedience to the Father and the Son, to seek me out in my lost condition, following me day after day, and week after week, and month after month, following me when I would not listen to Him, when I deliberately turned my back upon Him, when I insulted Him, following me into places where it must have been agony for that Holy One to go, until at last He succeeded in bringing me to my senses and bringing me to realize my utterly lost condition, and revealing the Lord Jesus to me as just the Savior whom I needed, and induced me and enabled me to receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior and Lord; if it had not been for this patient, long-suffering, never-wearying love of the Spirit of God to me, I would be a lost man today." (R. A. Torrey on the Holy Spirit: A 30-day Devotional Treasury Day 3)
- Can You Feel the Love?
- Romans 13:10 The New Testament David Bentley Hart: " does not work evil against the neighbor; hence is the full totality of the Law."
- Ellen White: "If we would humble ourselves before God, and be kind and courteous and tenderhearted and pitiful, there would be conversions to the truth where now there is only one." (Testimonies to the Church 9:189)
- Bob Goff: "The world can make you think that love can be picked up at a garage sale or enveloped in a Hallmark card. But the kind of love God created and demonstrated is a costly one because it involves sacrifice and presence. It’s a love that operates more like a sign language than being spoken outright. What I learned from Randy about the brand of love Jesus offers is that it’s more about presence than undertaking a project. It’s a brand of love that doesn’t just think about good things, or agree with them, or talk about them. What I learned from Randy reinforced the simple truth that continues to weave itself into the tapestry of every great story: Love does." (Love Does 9)
Children's Worship is back! Join Rich Aguilera for a fun, action-packed, special worship time for kids and families! This is free and open to all. Kids must be accompanied by an adult. Please wear a mask and social distance as labeled on the pews.
Saturday, February 27 at 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Sanctuary
Route 2 Raise is an eight-week fundraising challenge that begins Feb. 21, 2021, and runs through April 16, 2021. You can participate by either donating a dollar or finding a sponsor to donate a dollar on your behalf for every mile. You accumulate mileage by wheelchair, walking, jogging, or running. The funds raised in this Route 2 Raise activity will go directly to the Student Life COVID-19 Emergency Fund, assisting Andrews students in need, with heating bills, food, and other necessities. We welcome everyone to participate, local or distant, student, faculty, and families. All are welcome as we promote health and support our fellow students! Additional information for details of how to give will be provided soon.
See the University Faith App or www.andrews.edu/go/wellbeing
In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
"Father in Heaven, we ask Your grace and protection for Pioneer's servicepeople and those around the world who serve. Military service and war are part of life on planet earth. Give wisdom to our leaders and come soon to bring us eternal peace."