Pioneer Women’s Ministries engages women in Christ-centered discipleship, fellowship and service to glorify God through prayerfully planned activities and events. We are inviting you to participate in a survey that will help plan these activities and events this year. We would be delighted to hear from you either by completing the online survey or by phone by calling Lyn McCarty at 269-208-3377.
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
- The Mission
- John 17:18 Message—“‘In the same way that You [Father] gave Me a in the world, I give them a in the world.’”
- 2 Corinthians 5:18 TEV—“Christ changed us from enemies into His friends and gave us the of making others His friends also.”
- John 20:21 NIV—“‘As the Father has sent Me, I am you.’”
- Matthew 28:19-20 CEV—“‘Go to the people of all and make them My disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to do everything I have told you.’”
- Mark 1:17 NIV—“‘Come,’ Jesus said, ‘and I will send you out to for people.’”
- We were born again to , because that is His metaphor for mission.
- 3 John 4 NIV—“I have no greater than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” (“Nothing could make me .” Message)
- The Story
- Luke 5:1-5: “Push out into water”—because that is where the fish are.
- Luke 5:6-10: “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people with Me.”
- Desire of Ages: “The deeper lesson which the miracle conveyed for the disciples is a lesson for us also—that He whose could gather the fishes from the sea could also impress human hearts, and draw them by the cords of His love, so that His servants might become ‘fishers of men.’” (249)
- Desire of Ages: “The first thing to be learned by all who would become workers together with God is the lesson of self- .” (250)
- Desire of Ages: “There is to the usefulness of one who, by putting self aside, makes room for the working of the Holy Spirit upon his heart, and lives a life wholly consecrated to God.” (250-251)
“Don’t be afraid—from now on you will fish for people with Me.”
It's a fresh new year, and it's time for a fresh new Grow Groups season! Grow Groups are Pioneer's small groups that incorporate 5 S's: Shared interest, Spiritual touchpoint, Service project, Social event, Semester-based. That's it, in a nutshell! Grow Groups are for EVERYONE—all welcome to join.
Leaders, if you are passionate about something and want to use that to foster community and lead others to Jesus, we can probably help you turn that passion into a Grow Group! Let us know as soon as possible because the deadline to sign up to lead a group is January 21. For more information please email email@example.com or visit pmchurch.org/grow to sign up.
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Digital Group Leader Registration Deadline: January 21
- Leader Orientation (via Zoom): February 1, 7:00 PM
- Spring Grow Groups Meet: February 7 – May 1
It is almost time for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. Pioneer knows that you have had an unusual year and wants to make it easy for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. This time around, you will receive your Contribution Statement easily and conveniently via email. If you have not recently updated your contact details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address to ensure that you receive your statement. Thank you!
"Military life can be a lonely life away from family on deployment," notes James North, Pioneer's Servicepersons Coordinator. "Military families may have a difficult time in a foreign country even though they are together," he continues. "I spent 358 days (I marked each day on a self-created calendar) in Viet Nam away from my wife and 3 toddler daughters. My access to some of the following material was vital."
SDA military persons may receive complimentary subscriptions to Adventist Review, the Adult Bible Study Guide (Sabbath School), and For God and Country and the choice of 2 journals from Guide, Liberty, Message, Our Little Friend, Primary Treasure, Signs of the Times, and Vibrant Life.
A 2021 order form and instructions are found on page 28 of the current issue of For God and Country and I will post a copy of the form in next week's bulletin. If you have military Adventist family members we invite you to send this information to them.