Robby Raney and some of his colleagues will present a hymn sing program at 4:00 PM on October 22 at Historic Adventist Village in Battle Creek, Michigan. You're invited to come and sing the stories of our Pioneers.
Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark - 2
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“STORM: Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark”—2
- The Storm
- Ian Bremmer: “The international order itself is unraveling. In the past eight years alone, the world has seen the worst financial crisis in decades, a global recession, a historic debt crisis in the euro zone, a wave of unrest across North Africa and the Middle East, civil war in Syria, a migrant crisis that calls into question the future of Europe’s open borders, war between Russia and Ukraine, Brexit, an explosion of cyber aggression and the election as U.S. President of one Donald Trump. Call it geopolitical creative destruction or just the sound of things falling apart, but the grinding of G-zero gears has become too loud to ignore.” (http://time.com/4606071/american-global-leadership-is-over/)
- Ellen White: “The present is a time of overwhelming interest to all living. Rulers and statesmen, men who occupy positions of trust and authority, thinking men and women of all classes, have their attention fixed upon the events taking place about us. They are watching the strained, restless relations that exist among the nations. They observe the intensity that is taking possession of every earthly element, and they recognize that something great and decisive is about to take place—that the world is on the verge of a stupendous crisis.” (Education 179)
- “Angels are now restraining the winds of strife, that they may not blow until the world shall be warned of its coming doom; but a storm is gathering, ready to burst upon the earth; and when God shall bid His angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of strife as no pen can picture.” (Education 179-180)
- The Faith of Jesus
- Luke 18:8—“‘When the Son of Man comes, will He find on the earth?’”
- 1 John 5:4—“For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our .”
- John 16:33—“‘I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have the world.’”
- Hebrews 2:10-13—“‘I will put My in Him.’” (v 13)
- Revelation 14:12 NKJV—“Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the of Jesus.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:57—“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Galatians 2:20 KJV—“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in : and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
- Revelation 3:21—“‘To the one who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on my throne, I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.’”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 149: “All that Christ received from God we too may . Then ask and receive. With the persevering faith of Jacob, with the unyielding persistence of Elijah, claim for yourself all that God has promised.”
- Remember—when God speaks a word—the instant He speaks the word—the word immediately creates the reality it represents.
- So “Let there be faith” immediately creates faith.
- “God has granted to everyone a measure of faith.” (Romans 12:3)
- “‘Have faith in God.’” (Mark 11:22)
Say AMEN to the “faith of Jesus”
The next Children’s Leadership Conference will take place on October 29th, 2022, 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM, at Chan Shun Hall, Andrews University. It is a one-day free in English & Spanish event focusing on Track 2: Teaching Children from the NAD Children’s Ministry Certification.
COLLECTING NEW UNDERWEAR AND PAJAMAS OF ALL CHILD SIZES. God's Hands 4 Kids is a ministry that started as a PMC Grow Group. We work closely with Berrien County DHHS. We maintain their "Closet" that has an inventory of clothes and other essentials that are available to workers 24/7. Many kids come into care with nothing except what they have on. We are currently collecting new underwear and pajamas. There is a collection bin in the lower PMC lobby. Items can be dropped off at RMES. We have other local 24/7 drop-off locations. Contact with us can be made through GH4K.org. Join our FaceBook page - God's Hands 4 Kids Foster...
Pioneer's fellowship dinner teams need additional members to help with the Sabbath fellowship dinners. Teams serve about three times a year. You don't need to know how to cook to be on a team. There are many ways you can be involved and enjoy the ministry together. Contact the church office at 269-471-6565 to sign-up.
The Family Life Committee invites you to Pioneer's Annual Hayride, returning after a two-year hiatus! Join us for rides through the woods, refreshments, a bonfire, and warm fellowship. Sunday, October 9, 6-8 PM at Five Pines Ministries, Berrien Center. Enjoy the beauty of fall with your Pioneer family!
Pioneer Operating Budget
John 15:4 “Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.”
We worship God with our resources as a response to the call to bear fruits. John the Baptist appealed to those who were coming to him for baptism: “Produce fruit in keeping with your repentance.” (Matt. 3:8). For John, baptism and being part of God’s people were not sufficient. The Gospel of Luke shares some concrete examples of the “fruit of our repentance” that John the Baptist gave to those who came to him. He asked the tax collector not to collect any more than was required. He exhorted the soldiers not to “extort money” and “be content with your pay.” And he commanded the crowd to share their second shirt and food with the one who does not have (Lk. 3: 10-14). These examples reported by Luke have something in common; they are related to one’s attitudes towards finances and material possessions. Fruit of our repentance means being careful about how we use our resources, making sure to bless and not harm others.
The Bible tells the story of a man, Nabal, a son of Abraham who was heavily blessed but did not bear fruit of repentance in his material life. He refused to reward those who protected his flock and would harshly rebuke the servants of David who came to ask for some food. This attitude led his wife to call him wicked and to make the following comment: “He is just like his name—his name means Fool, and folly goes with him” (1 Sam. 25:25). Sadly, the following day, he had a stroke. Ten days later, he died.
As we reflect on the need to bear more fruits of repentance in our material life, let us apply the advice of Jesus: “Remain in me as I also remain in you.” This week, as we worship with our tithe and regular offerings we can bear fruits of repentance.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
Helping hands needed. Are you looking for a project that is fun to do and really helps a wonderful Andrews organization? WAUS has a large mailing that will be processed/envelope stuffed on Thursday, October 6th starting at 9:00am until every envelope is stuffed! We would love to have you join us. Please call the station at 269-471-3400 to let us know you will be joining us. Looking forward to the joy of working together.
This fall Pioneer is partnering with the Center for Faith Engagement at Andrews University to offer the Pure Desire Conference. This is a two-day event designed to raise an awareness of the factors that create and reinforce unhealthy sexual behavior. It provides a comprehensive understanding and the tools required to develop a healing ministry that offers hope and freedom to men, women, students, and families.
October 21-22, 2022
Location: Andrews University Seminary Chapel
Home & School is hosting a Bike-a-Thon/Walk-a-Thon fundraiser for the RMES students on October 23. Students have been challenged to raise at least $100 each in sponsors. Some students may not have many contacts from which to solicit sponsorship. We would like to create a list of names of potential sponsors that students could contact. If you'd like to add your name to the list, please email your contact information and the number of students you're willing to have contact you to RMESHomeAndSchool@gmail.com. Proceeds from this fundraiser will be used for the RMES carpet upgrade project (90%) and Home & School activities (10%). If you’d like to make a general donation to this fundraiser, mark your tithe envelope RMES Bike-a-Thon.
Relat(able)-video series with Louie Giglio. What if instead of looking for the right person, we become that person, that friend or spouse everyone is looking for? What if we start holding ourselves to the standards we expect of those around us? We only have one life to leave a permanent mark on eternity; why not make our relationships count?
September 3 - The Shovel and the Spoon
September 10 - The Man/Woman in the Mirror
September 17 - A God to Call Father
September 24 - The Friend Everyone Longs For
October 1 - Becoming Someone vs. Finding Someone
October 8 - Handshake of Peace
October 15 - Why Date?
October 22 - Marriage with a Mission
Everyone is welcome.
Pioneer Room 141
Sabbath, 10:30-11:30 AM