In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
"Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat:"
Me and Mrs. Potiphar
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat: Me and Mrs. Potiphar”
- Genesis 39:1-12
- Anatomy of a Temptation:
- #1—Temptation is always .
- Oswald Chambers: “Temptation is a suggested short cut to the realization of the highest at which I aim—not towards what I understand as evil, but towards what I understand as good.” (My Utmost for His Highest 261)
- #2—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:8
- #3—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:10
- #4—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:11
- Christianity Today: “A national survey among churches . . . conducted over the past five years revealed that 68 percent of Christian men and 50 percent of pastors regularly. But even more shocking is that reported being its greatest users.” (April, 2015)
- “When a woman is nursing her child and she’s skin-to-skin with her baby, her brain releases a neurochemical called oxytocin, which emotionally bonds her to her child. The same thing happens during sex. God designed oxytocin as the glue for human bonding. During a sexual release, oxytocin, along with other neurochemicals, are released and cause us to emotionally bond with our partner. When you watch porn, powerful neurotransmitters such as dopamine are also released, which bond you to those images.” (Ibid)
- #5—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:11
- #6—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:12
- 2 Timothy 2:22—“ also youthful lusts, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a heart.”
- Joseph ; David .
- 1 Corinthians 10:13—“No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to mankind; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but will with the temptation also make the way of , that you may be able to bear it.”
- #7—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:9—“How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against .”
- Psalm 51:1-4—“Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love. . . . Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. . . . Against have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight.”
- Whatever you do sexually, you do of God.
- Timothy Keller: “Instead of telling [urban dwellers] they are sinning because they are sleeping with their girlfriends or boyfriends, I tell them that they are sinning because they are looking to their romances to give their lives meaning, to justify and save them, to give them what they should be looking for from God. This idolatry leads to anxiety, obsessiveness, envy, and resentment. I have found that when you describe their lives in terms of idolatry, postmodern people do not give much resistance. Then Christ and his salvation can be presented not (at this point) so much as their only hope for forgiveness, but as their only hope for freedom.” (Quoted in Philip Yancey’s Vanishing Grace 79-80).
- Two Coats—One Robe
- “Therefore I counsel you to buy from me white robes to clothe you and to keep the shame of your nakedness from being seen.” (Revelation 3:18)
- #1—Temptation is always .
The robe of His grace for the rags of my guilt
Pioneer Women’s Ministries engages women in Christ-centered discipleship, fellowship and service to glorify God through prayerfully planned activities and events. We are inviting you to participate in a survey that will help plan these activities and events this year. We would be delighted to hear from you either by completing the online survey or by phone by calling Lyn McCarty at 269-208-3377.
It's a fresh new year, and it's time for a fresh new Grow Groups season! Grow Groups are Pioneer's small groups that incorporate 5 S's: Shared interest, Spiritual touchpoint, Service project, Social event, Semester-based. That's it, in a nutshell! Grow Groups are for EVERYONE—all welcome to join.
Leaders, if you are passionate about something and want to use that to foster community and lead others to Jesus, we can probably help you turn that passion into a Grow Group! Let us know as soon as possible because the deadline to sign up to lead a group is January 21. For more information please email email@example.com or visit pmchurch.org/grow to sign up.
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Digital Group Leader Registration Deadline: January 21
- Leader Orientation (via Zoom): February 1, 7:00 PM
- Spring Grow Groups Meet: February 7 – May 1
It is almost time for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. Pioneer knows that you have had an unusual year and wants to make it easy for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. This time around, you will receive your Contribution Statement easily and conveniently via email. If you have not recently updated your contact details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address to ensure that you receive your statement. Thank you!
"Military life can be a lonely life away from family on deployment," notes James North, Pioneer's Servicepersons Coordinator. "Military families may have a difficult time in a foreign country even though they are together," he continues. "I spent 358 days (I marked each day on a self-created calendar) in Viet Nam away from my wife and 3 toddler daughters. My access to some of the following material was vital."
SDA military persons may receive complimentary subscriptions to Adventist Review, the Adult Bible Study Guide (Sabbath School), and For God and Country and the choice of 2 journals from Guide, Liberty, Message, Our Little Friend, Primary Treasure, Signs of the Times, and Vibrant Life.
A 2021 order form and instructions are found on page 28 of the current issue of For God and Country and I will post a copy of the form in next week's bulletin. If you have military Adventist family members we invite you to send this information to them.