Stories in the Rearview Mirror
Why I Believe There's an App and a Kiosk that Connect to Heaven
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Stories in the Rearview Mirror: Why I Believe There’s an App and a Kiosk that Connect to Heaven”
- James White
- “When Elder Himes visited Portland, Me., a few days after the passing of time, and stated that the brethren should prepare for another cold winter, my feelings were almost uncontrollable. I left the place of meeting and wept like a child.” (Life Incidences 182)
- “We were married August 30, 1846, and from that hour to the present [Ellen] has been my crown of rejoicing. . . . We entered upon this work penniless, with few friends, and broken in health.” (Life Sketches/1880 126-127 emphasis supplied)
- Ellen White: “I said to my husband: ‘I have a message for you. You must begin to print a little paper and send it out to the people. Let it be small at first; but as the people read, they will send you means with which to print, and it will be a success from the first. From this small beginning it was shown to me to be like streams of light that went clear round the world.” (Life Sketches 125)
- Battle Creek Journal: “He was a man of the patriarchal pattern, and his character was cast in the heroic mold. . . . [I]f the genius to shape and direct the destiny of great communities, be a mark of true greatness, Elder White is certainly entitled to the appellation. . . . Therefore, as with all true founders of communities, his life is not a broken shaft, but an enduring column, whereon others are to build.” (SDA Encyclopedia 1603)
- The Macedonians
- 2 Corinthians 8:1-9
- The great two-step of sacrificial giving
- Ellen White: “Paul was convinced that if [we] could be brought to comprehend the amazing sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven, all would be banished from [our] lives. . . . In the contemplation of Christ we linger on the shore of a that is measureless. We endeavor to tell of this love, and language fails us. We consider His life on earth, His sacrifice for us, His work in heaven as our advocate, and the mansions He is preparing for those who love Him, and we can only exclaim, O the height and depth of the love of Christ!” (Acts of the Apostles 333)
- Jesus’ great ex is God’s great ex for our great ex.
- Malachi 3:10—“‘ Me in this [tithes/offerings],’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw wide open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.’”
- 2 Corinthians 8:7—“I am not commanding you, but I want to the sincerity of your love.”
- A new kiosk and app and Kingdom Growth
“I Surrender All”
Are you friendly and do you enjoy social media? Then, we have a great opportunity for you to be involved in ministry. Through streaming its services on Facebook Live and our website, Pioneer Memorial Church reaches thousands of people every single week. We’re looking to build a new team of local moderators/hosts for our online chat experiences. You could do this from your home. For more information contact Rodlie Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."