The February 27, 2021 offering is for Michigan Advance Partners (MAP). This is the Michigan Conference offering taken up on the fourth Sabbath of every month. This requested MAP offering is separate from and above and beyond our regular Tithe offering and the separate "Combined Budget" offering for our local church expense. The MAP offering has been a most important Michigan Conference offering since 1978 when leading laymen recognized a financial need at Conference level and established the Michigan Conference Lay Advisory Program. MAP funds support a variety of key Conference programs such as Evangelism, Camp Au Sable, Camp Meeting, Education equipment, Great Lakes Adventist Academy, "Project Assist" for our secondary students attending our Michigan academies, and Special Projects. Recently Renovate at PMC was one of these special projects. The requested and hoped-for goal for MAP contributions is for each Michigan family giving unit to contribute one percent (1%) of income earmarked specifically for Michigan Advance Partners. Currently, Conference-wide we raise just 30% of that goal. If every member in Michigan would regularly commit to a MAP offering 1% of income, instead of the $800,000 per year we now raise, we would be receiving three million dollars! This would vitally enable the Michigan Conference to do even more to support the spread of the gospel in this beautiful corner of God's vineyard!
Galaxy Three: Why What Is Happening a Billion Light Years Away Right Now Matters to You
Galaxy Three: The Story of the Sperm
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Galaxy Three: The Story of the Sperm”—1
- The humanity of Jesus
- Matthew 1:20—“. . . because what is in her is from the Holy Spirit.’”
- Romans 1:3—“. . . concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed [Greek: ] of David according to the flesh.”
- John 1:14—“The Word became [i.e., the divine One became ].”
- 4 stunning truths about the humanity of Jesus and us:
- #1—We do know that we share the same with Him.
- Hebrews 2:11
- #2—We do know that we share the same with Him.
- Hebrews 2:14-17
- Peter O’Brien: “In the earlier reference [2:14] the focus was upon Jesus’ adoption of human nature; here [2:17] the stress is on his sharing in all the experiences of life. . . . on the identification of the incarnate Son with his brothers and sisters.” (The Letter to the Hebrews 119)
- #3—We do know that we share the same with Him.
- Hebrews 4:15
- The Greek word, sumpatheo is a compound word: patheo (to suffer) + sum (with)—i.e., to suffer with, to .
- Charles Spurgeon: “There is no pang that rends the heart or disturbs the body but that Jesus has been with us in it all. . . . There is no glen of adversity so dark, so deep, apparently so pathless, but that in stooping down you may discover the footprints of the Crucified One.” (Day by Day 269)
- #4—We do know that we share the same with Him.
- Hebrews 4:15
- Oswald Chambers: “Temptation is a suggested to the realization of the highest at which I aim—not towards what I understand as evil, but towards what I understand as good.” (My Utmost for His Highest 261)
- We share the same temptations with Jesus, with this major difference: “.” (Hebrews 4:15)
- B. F. Wescott:“Sympathy with the sinner in his trial [temptation] does not depend on the experience of sin but on the experience of the strength of the temptation to sin which only the sinless can know in its full intensity. He who falls yields before the last strain.” (Quoted in F. F. Bruce, The Epistle to the Hebrews 116)
- Hebrews 4:16
- #5—We do know that we share the same with Him forever and ever. Amen.
- Desire of Ages: “It was Satan’s purpose to bring about an eternal separation between God and man; but in Christ we become more closely united to God than if we had never fallen. In taking our nature, the Saviour has Himself to humanity by a tie that is never to be broken. . . . In Christ the family of earth and the family of heaven are bound together. Christ glorified is our brother. Heaven is enshrined in humanity, and humanity is enfolded in the bosom of Infinite Love.” (25, 26).
- #1—We do know that we share the same with Him.
“Then let us fix our eyes on Jesus”
Children's Worship is back! Join Rich Aguilera for a fun, action-packed, special worship time for kids and families! This is free and open to all. Kids must be accompanied by an adult. Please wear a mask and social distance as labeled on the pews.
Saturday, February 27 at 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Sanctuary
Route 2 Raise is an eight-week fundraising challenge that begins Feb. 21, 2021, and runs through April 16, 2021. You can participate by either donating a dollar or finding a sponsor to donate a dollar on your behalf for every mile. You accumulate mileage by wheelchair, walking, jogging, or running. The funds raised in this Route 2 Raise activity will go directly to the Student Life COVID-19 Emergency Fund, assisting Andrews students in need, with heating bills, food, and other necessities. We welcome everyone to participate, local or distant, student, faculty, and families. All are welcome as we promote health and support our fellow students! Additional information for details of how to give will be provided soon.
See the University Faith App or www.andrews.edu/go/wellbeing
In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
"Father in Heaven, we ask Your grace and protection for Pioneer's servicepeople and those around the world who serve. Military service and war are part of life on planet earth. Give wisdom to our leaders and come soon to bring us eternal peace."