Florida needs our help. Hurricane Ian has been named "the deadliest storm to hit [Florida] since 1935." Relief workers are working tirelessly to help Florida residents and businesses pick up the pieces and begin the long road to recovery after massive damage from category 4 Ian. At least 68 persons from FL have lost their lives and about 25% of the State (2.7 million customers) lost electricity. The devastation is estimated at more than $60 billion in private insured losses just in Florida. Adventist Community Services is working with FEMA to set up warehouse s and distribution centers. They need our help. They need money now. To donate, give directly to the Florida Conference at https://relief.floridaconference.com or mark your tithe envelope for HURRICANE RELIEF. Thank you for caring. Thank you for giving. Thank you for being the hands and feet of Jesus.
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
- □ Isaiah 43:19/44:3—“I will do a new thing. . . . I will pour water on those who are thirsty and floods on the dry ground; I will pour My Spirit on your descendants and My blessing on your offspring.”
- □ Matthew 4:16—“The people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land where death casts its shadow, a light has dawned.”
□ Matthew 15:25—“The woman came and knelt before him. ‘Lord, help me!’ she said.”
- Clark Pinnock: “The triune God is a missionary God. . . . Missions are part of God’s strategy for transforming the world and changing history. One goal of missions is quantitative, to baptize and form congregations. The other goal is qualitative, to change life’s atmosphere, to infect people with hope, love, and responsibility for the world.” (A Wideness in God’s Mercy: The Finality of Jesus Christ in a World of Religions 78, 178)
David Platt: “Every saved person this side of heaven owes the gospel to every lost person this side of hell. We owe Christ to the world—to the least person and to the greatest person, to the richest person and to the poorest person, to the best person and to the worst person. We are in debt to the nations. Encompassed with this debt, though, in our contemporary approach to missions, we have subtly taken ourselves out from under the weight of a lost and dying world, wrung our hands in pious concern, and said, ‘I’m sorry. I’m just not called to that.’
“The result is tragic. A majority of individuals supposedly saved from eternal damnation by the gospel are now sitting back and making excuses for not sharing that gospel with the rest of the world.
“But what if we don’t need to sit back and wait for a call to foreign missions? What if the very reason we have breath is because we have been saved for global mission? And what if anything less than passionate involvement in global mission is actually selling God short by frustrating the very purpose for which he created us?” (Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream 74, 75 emphasis supplied)
- Ellen White: “Jesus is calling for many missionaries, for men and women who will consecrate themselves to God, willing to spend and be spent in his service. O, can we not remember that there is a world to labor for? Shall we not move forward step by step, letting God use us as his helping hand? Shall we not place ourselves on the altar of service? Then the love of Christ will touch and transform us, making us willing for his sake to do and dare.” (CEv 42)
- Robert Moffat to young David Livingstone: “Many a morning have I stood on the porch of my house, and looking northward, have seen the smoke arise from villages that have never heard of Jesus Christ. I have seen, at different times, the smoke of a thousand villages— villages whose people are without Christ, without God, and without hope in the world . . . the smoke of a thousand villages . . . the smoke of a thousand villages.”
Will you go for Jesus? Will you give for Jesus?
Berrien Springs Public Schools is seeking a Title 1 Teacher for Private/Non-Profit Schools in Berrien Springs (RMES, VAES & Trinity Lutheran School). This position will work approximately 20-25 hours per week, Monday - Friday. A valid Michigan Elementary Teaching Certificate is required. More information available at: https://www.homeoftheshamrocks.org/departments/human-resources--employment Click on: Open Certified Teaching Positions
Robby Raney and some of his colleagues will present a hymn sing program at 4:00 PM on October 22 at Historic Adventist Village in Battle Creek, Michigan. You're invited to come and sing the stories of our Pioneers.
The next Children’s Leadership Conference will take place on October 29th, 2022, 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM, at Chan Shun Hall, Andrews University. It is a one-day free in English & Spanish event focusing on Track 2: Teaching Children from the NAD Children’s Ministry Certification.
COLLECTING NEW UNDERWEAR AND PAJAMAS OF ALL CHILD SIZES. God's Hands 4 Kids is a ministry that started as a PMC Grow Group. We work closely with Berrien County DHHS. We maintain their "Closet" that has an inventory of clothes and other essentials that are available to workers 24/7. Many kids come into care with nothing except what they have on. We are currently collecting new underwear and pajamas. There is a collection bin in the lower PMC lobby. Items can be dropped off at RMES. We have other local 24/7 drop-off locations. Contact with us can be made through GH4K.org. Join our FaceBook page - God's Hands 4 Kids Foster...
Pioneer's fellowship dinner teams need additional members to help with the Sabbath fellowship dinners. Teams serve about three times a year. You don't need to know how to cook to be on a team. There are many ways you can be involved and enjoy the ministry together. Contact the church office at 269-471-6565 to sign-up.
The Family Life Committee invites you to Pioneer's Annual Hayride, returning after a two-year hiatus! Join us for rides through the woods, refreshments, a bonfire, and warm fellowship. Sunday, October 9, 6-8 PM at Five Pines Ministries, Berrien Center. Enjoy the beauty of fall with your Pioneer family!
Isaiah 58:1 “Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet.”
Radio is one of the most effective means for spreading the gospel in these last days. Radio, like reading, has a personal connection to the mind and soul. Many Pastors report that Strong Tower Radio (STR) listeners are the most prepared for baptism. Here are a few testimonies:
- A couple walked into their local Seventh Day Adventist church saying that they couldn't attend first-day church any more after all they had learned from listening to STR.
- The delivery man stopped by and we learned he has been listening to Strong Tower Radio. He says STR preaches the Word of God like no other station he has heard.
- An Adventist member had to be out of state due to an emergency for 2 months. They often felt the emptiness of a radio station without solid Bible teaching and reverent music. They were overjoyed to be back in Michigan to hear Strong Tower Radio. It was a “double home-coming!”
- Nan worked a job that kept her in contact with people in their cars. At one car she couldn’t resist asking if they were listening to Strong Tower Radio. They were! She asked if they had the address for the nearest Adventist church. Nan turned up there the following Sabbath.
- One listener couldn’t make sense of what the Bible said & what churches taught. Then he found Strong Tower Radio! After his first Adventist church service, he said, “I’m home!”
Michigan churches and STR are still working to cover all of Michigan with radio stations. Your generous offering marked “Radio Expansion” this week will help interested churches make this full coverage of Michigan with the gospel a reality!!
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
Helping hands needed. Are you looking for a project that is fun to do and really helps a wonderful Andrews organization? WAUS has a large mailing that will be processed/envelope stuffed on Thursday, October 6th starting at 9:00am until every envelope is stuffed! We would love to have you join us. Please call the station at 269-471-3400 to let us know you will be joining us. Looking forward to the joy of working together.
This fall Pioneer is partnering with the Center for Faith Engagement at Andrews University to offer the Pure Desire Conference. This is a two-day event designed to raise an awareness of the factors that create and reinforce unhealthy sexual behavior. It provides a comprehensive understanding and the tools required to develop a healing ministry that offers hope and freedom to men, women, students, and families.
October 21-22, 2022
Location: Andrews University Seminary Chapel