Pioneer Women’s Ministries engages women in Christ-centered discipleship, fellowship and service to glorify God through prayerfully planned activities and events. We are inviting you to participate in a survey that will help plan these activities and events this year. We would be delighted to hear from you either by completing the online survey or by phone by calling Lyn McCarty at 269-208-3377.
I Will Do a New Thing
The Purpose: I Will Do a New Thing
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Purpose: ‘I Will Do a New Thing’”
□ A Text Message and a Story
- The story of Pavel—Ron Clouzet, Adventism’s Greatest Need: The Outpouring of the Holy Spirit
- 3 Key Ingredients to Transformational Revival:
□ Isaiah 43:19, 44:3
God’s “new thing”: “I will pour out My on your .”
□ Isaiah 62:6, 7
- New Living Translation: “O Jerusalem, I have posted watchmen on your walls; they will pray to the LORD day and night for the fulfillment of his promises. Take no , all you who pray. Give the LORD no until he makes Jerusalem the object of praise throughout the earth.”
The Voice: “Tirelessly God—give Him no rest—until He reestablishes Jerusalem and makes it worthy of praise throughout the whole world.”
- “Jerusalem” = Zion = people of God OT = church NT “called out ones”
- “Watchmen” = people who make an extraordinary commitment to pray on behalf of the community of faith = intercessors of the first degree = anonymous and often unrecognized = who demonstrate before God a D-U-E uncommon but not unrewarded = for God names them as the spiritual sentinels of His people.
- But we cannot defer to them our own divine calling to experience D-U-E.
Mark Batterson: “Desperate times call for desperate measures, and there is no more
desperate act than praying . There comes a moment when you need to throw caution to the wind and draw a circle in the sand. There comes a moment when you need to defy protocol, drop to your knees, and pray for the . There comes a moment when you need to muster every ounce of faith you have and call down from heaven.” (The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears 84)
- Thus our “preseason of prayer” counting down to the new year on this campus.
- Christ’s Object Lessons: “ [D-U-E] for the Holy Spirit. God stands back of every promise He has made [Isaiah 43:19; 44:3]. With your Bible in your hands say, I have done as Thou hast said. I present Thy promise, ‘Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.’ . . . When with earnestness and intensity [D-U-E] we breathe a prayer in the name of Christ, there is in that very intensity a pledge from God that He is about to answer our prayer ‘exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.’ Ephesians 3:20.” (147)
- BONUS PROMISE: “The more earnestly and steadfastly we ask, the will be our spiritual union with Christ. We shall receive increased blessings because we have increased faith.” (Christ’s Object Lessons 146)
- The story of James A. Stewart and a revival in Europe
Will you join me in D-U-E praying in this preseason of prayer?
Isn’t D-U-E due now?
It's a fresh new year, and it's time for a fresh new Grow Groups season! Grow Groups are Pioneer's small groups that incorporate 5 S's: Shared interest, Spiritual touchpoint, Service project, Social event, Semester-based. That's it, in a nutshell! Grow Groups are for EVERYONE—all welcome to join.
Leaders, if you are passionate about something and want to use that to foster community and lead others to Jesus, we can probably help you turn that passion into a Grow Group! Let us know as soon as possible because the deadline to sign up to lead a group is January 21. For more information please email email@example.com or visit pmchurch.org/grow to sign up.
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Digital Group Leader Registration Deadline: January 21
- Leader Orientation (via Zoom): February 1, 7:00 PM
- Spring Grow Groups Meet: February 7 – May 1
It is almost time for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. Pioneer knows that you have had an unusual year and wants to make it easy for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. This time around, you will receive your Contribution Statement easily and conveniently via email. If you have not recently updated your contact details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address to ensure that you receive your statement. Thank you!
"Military life can be a lonely life away from family on deployment," notes James North, Pioneer's Servicepersons Coordinator. "Military families may have a difficult time in a foreign country even though they are together," he continues. "I spent 358 days (I marked each day on a self-created calendar) in Viet Nam away from my wife and 3 toddler daughters. My access to some of the following material was vital."
SDA military persons may receive complimentary subscriptions to Adventist Review, the Adult Bible Study Guide (Sabbath School), and For God and Country and the choice of 2 journals from Guide, Liberty, Message, Our Little Friend, Primary Treasure, Signs of the Times, and Vibrant Life.
A 2021 order form and instructions are found on page 28 of the current issue of For God and Country and I will post a copy of the form in next week's bulletin. If you have military Adventist family members we invite you to send this information to them.