Pioneer Women’s Ministries engages women in Christ-centered discipleship, fellowship and service to glorify God through prayerfully planned activities and events. We are inviting you to participate in a survey that will help plan these activities and events this year. We would be delighted to hear from you either by completing the online survey or by phone by calling Lyn McCarty at 269-208-3377.
The Secret of the Seed
The Secret of the Seed: Unleashing the Divine Potential in You - 4
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Secret of the Seed:
Unleashing the Divine Potential in You”—Conclusion
□ 2 Corinthians 9:6-11
- The 4th Secret: Plant , and you will reap —plant , and you will reap .
Give what your tells you to give, because God loves a giver.
Out of His full and abundant resources God is able to bless you in things, at times, with that you need, to fill you with that is good.
Philippians 4:19—“And my God will meet your needs according to the
riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.”
Malalchi 3:10—“‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in
My house. Test me in this,’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw open the of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.’”
- Ephesians 3:20—“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”
- Jesus: “With man this is impossible, but with God things are possible” (Matthew 19:26).
- Elijah and the widow of Zarepheth
- Jesus and the 5000
- Give what you have, and God will make sure it never runs out!
- Philippians 4:19—“And my God will meet your needs according to the
- □ The Life Cycle of Success
Phase #1—R the G.
He’s the of it all, because He’s the of it all. Haggai 2:8—“The silver and the gold are Mine, says the LORD.”
Psalm 24:1—“The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it.”
Phase #2—R the G.
- Jesus: “Freely you have ; freely .” (Matthew 10:8)
- The parable of the rich fool
- Jesus: “Be toward God.” (Luke 12:21)
- Ed Gungor: “Giving touches a nerve in us that nothing else does. We look a lot like God when we do it [John 3:16]. When you give, you defy the fear that you won’t have enough. You insult greed, the impulse to acquire or possess more than one needs or deserves. If you really believe that God owns it all and that he is your source and provider, giving will be a simple matter. . . . The arena of giving is the only place where exactly what’s going on in your heart is revealed. According to Jesus, giving keeps your heart in motion toward God and away from material things. . . . Your heart will follow the direction of your giving.” (Religiously Transmitted Diseases)
Phase #3—R the G.
- Desire of Ages: “All who consecrate soul, body, and spirit to God will be constantly receiving a new endowment of physical and mental power. The inexhaustible supplies of are at their command.” (827)
- You can never out-give God!
“Everything that God could do was done to save a perishing world. ‘God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.’ God has made it impossible for it to be said that He could have done more than He has done for the fallen race. When He gave His Son, He gave Himself. In one great gift He poured out the whole treasure of heaven. He has revealed a love that defies all computation, a love that should fill our hearts and lives with gratitude.” (Review and Herald January 14, 1902)
“God is a lovely cheerful giver.”
□ 2 Corinthians 9:15
“Thanks be to God
for His indescribable gift!”
It's a fresh new year, and it's time for a fresh new Grow Groups season! Grow Groups are Pioneer's small groups that incorporate 5 S's: Shared interest, Spiritual touchpoint, Service project, Social event, Semester-based. That's it, in a nutshell! Grow Groups are for EVERYONE—all welcome to join.
Leaders, if you are passionate about something and want to use that to foster community and lead others to Jesus, we can probably help you turn that passion into a Grow Group! Let us know as soon as possible because the deadline to sign up to lead a group is January 21. For more information please email email@example.com or visit pmchurch.org/grow to sign up.
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Digital Group Leader Registration Deadline: January 21
- Leader Orientation (via Zoom): February 1, 7:00 PM
- Spring Grow Groups Meet: February 7 – May 1
It is almost time for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. Pioneer knows that you have had an unusual year and wants to make it easy for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. This time around, you will receive your Contribution Statement easily and conveniently via email. If you have not recently updated your contact details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address to ensure that you receive your statement. Thank you!
"Military life can be a lonely life away from family on deployment," notes James North, Pioneer's Servicepersons Coordinator. "Military families may have a difficult time in a foreign country even though they are together," he continues. "I spent 358 days (I marked each day on a self-created calendar) in Viet Nam away from my wife and 3 toddler daughters. My access to some of the following material was vital."
SDA military persons may receive complimentary subscriptions to Adventist Review, the Adult Bible Study Guide (Sabbath School), and For God and Country and the choice of 2 journals from Guide, Liberty, Message, Our Little Friend, Primary Treasure, Signs of the Times, and Vibrant Life.
A 2021 order form and instructions are found on page 28 of the current issue of For God and Country and I will post a copy of the form in next week's bulletin. If you have military Adventist family members we invite you to send this information to them.