The Secret of the Seed
The Secret of the Seed: Unleashing the Divine Potential in You - 4
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Secret of the Seed:
Unleashing the Divine Potential in You”—Conclusion
□ 2 Corinthians 9:6-11
- The 4th Secret: Plant , and you will reap —plant , and you will reap .
Give what your tells you to give, because God loves a giver.
Out of His full and abundant resources God is able to bless you in things, at times, with that you need, to fill you with that is good.
Philippians 4:19—“And my God will meet your needs according to the
riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.”
Malalchi 3:10—“‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in
My house. Test me in this,’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw open the of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.’”
- Ephesians 3:20—“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”
- Jesus: “With man this is impossible, but with God things are possible” (Matthew 19:26).
- Elijah and the widow of Zarepheth
- Jesus and the 5000
- Give what you have, and God will make sure it never runs out!
- Philippians 4:19—“And my God will meet your needs according to the
- □ The Life Cycle of Success
Phase #1—R the G.
He’s the of it all, because He’s the of it all. Haggai 2:8—“The silver and the gold are Mine, says the LORD.”
Psalm 24:1—“The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it.”
Phase #2—R the G.
- Jesus: “Freely you have ; freely .” (Matthew 10:8)
- The parable of the rich fool
- Jesus: “Be toward God.” (Luke 12:21)
- Ed Gungor: “Giving touches a nerve in us that nothing else does. We look a lot like God when we do it [John 3:16]. When you give, you defy the fear that you won’t have enough. You insult greed, the impulse to acquire or possess more than one needs or deserves. If you really believe that God owns it all and that he is your source and provider, giving will be a simple matter. . . . The arena of giving is the only place where exactly what’s going on in your heart is revealed. According to Jesus, giving keeps your heart in motion toward God and away from material things. . . . Your heart will follow the direction of your giving.” (Religiously Transmitted Diseases)
Phase #3—R the G.
- Desire of Ages: “All who consecrate soul, body, and spirit to God will be constantly receiving a new endowment of physical and mental power. The inexhaustible supplies of are at their command.” (827)
- You can never out-give God!
“Everything that God could do was done to save a perishing world. ‘God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.’ God has made it impossible for it to be said that He could have done more than He has done for the fallen race. When He gave His Son, He gave Himself. In one great gift He poured out the whole treasure of heaven. He has revealed a love that defies all computation, a love that should fill our hearts and lives with gratitude.” (Review and Herald January 14, 1902)
“God is a lovely cheerful giver.”
□ 2 Corinthians 9:15
“Thanks be to God
for His indescribable gift!”
Please mark Sabbath, October 3 (9:00/11:45 AM), for a joyful celebration of the Lord's Supper as a worshiping community. While we will participate with actual emblems of bread and wine, because of the pandemic the elements will be prepackaged for your safety. These packaged elements will be available for your pickup at the church office the week before (Monday, September 28 through Sabbath, October 3). On-site worshipers will receive the packaged communion elements upon arriving for worship Sabbath morning.
But how will we celebrate foot washing? We're inviting every worshiper and family to experience Jesus' example in John 13 by washing each other's feet that Friday evening where you live. If you would like someone with whom to share this foot washing, you may either invite a friend to join you or please call Claudia Sowler (269-471-3134) for arrangements. Why not make this foot washing a part of your Friday evening worship as we gather across this community to welcome the Lord of the Sabbath into our homes at sundown?
Then Sabbath morning through music, prayer, the reading, and preaching of the Word ("American Apocalypse: How to Train Your Dragon—By the Blood of the Lamb") let's throw wide our hearts to the Christ we love to worship. "Do this in remembrance of Me" (Luke 22:19).
The 4th Quarter Lesson Study Guides are ready for you to pick up at the church office during regular business hours.
Pioneer's Bible Journey Sabbath School class will be using the Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God (Study Guide) next quarter, beginning October 3. If you have always wanted to read this book, which has changed so many lives, you are welcome to
join us by Zoom. The class meets each Sabbath from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. The 270-page study guide, which is conveniently divided into 12 weekly lessons, can be purchased at Amazon.com for $15.99. For more information and to receive the Zoom link each week, please contact Jane Thayer at email@example.com.
Are you friendly and do you enjoy social media? Then, we have a great opportunity for you to be involved in ministry. Through streaming its services on Facebook Live and our website, Pioneer Memorial Church reaches thousands of people every single week. We’re looking to build a new team of local moderators/hosts for our online chat experiences. You could do this from your home. For more information contact Rodlie Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all those who helped in any way to promote and support our July 23 Red Cross Blood Drive. That includes the Pioneer pastors and staff and especially the Pioneer Safety Committee who helped us establish COVID-related safety protocols and procedures with the Red Cross for the drive. Thank you to those who recruited someone to give, promoted the drive, helped set up, take down, register participants and
provide refreshments after donations. And, a SUPER SPECIAL THANK YOU to those that Gave The Gift Of Life by donating precious blood. We had one of our most successful summer blood drives ever despite the COVID virus (or, maybe because of the COVID virus). Less people away at camp meetings and traveling and vacationing? Just a hunch. Our next blood drive is scheduled for October 20, 2020 and again on February 24, 2021. Be well and God Bless! -Larry Ulery
Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."