We will celebrate the life of long-time Pioneer member Erich Bekowies on Sunday, August 9, at 11:00 AM, in the Pioneer sanctuary. Erich and Karen were active members until they moved this winter to be closer to their children. Erich died March 22 in Surprise, Arizona. We pray the comfort of Jesus for Karen and their children Wendy Eberhardt, Michael and families. “Even so, come, Lord Jesus."
The Morning Star Rises
The Morning Star Rises: Silent Night
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Morning Star Rises: Silent Night”
□ A Five Piece Puzzle
Piece #1—2 Peter 1:19—Peter associates the Morning Star with the bright light of that shines into the dark night just before the dawn breaks.
Like a halogen light, prophecy is a divine gift designed to  help us see what lies
ahead , and  help us ward off in that darkness.
- Piece #2—Ezekiel 43:1, 2—Ezekiel describes the glory of God like a that floods the earth.
- Piece #3—Malachi 4:2—Malachi personifies the whose light brings healing to those who fear God.
Piece #4—Revelation 18:1, 2, 4—John then takes the explosion of the glory of the Sun of God—described by Ezekiel and Malachi—and places that global event at the .
We have no reason to fear the endgame—because the last word always belongs to God—and His last word will be an explosion of the of Christ Jesus throughout the earth!
- Piece #5—Revelation 22:16—Jesus is the .
- Piece #1—2 Peter 1:19—Peter associates the Morning Star with the bright light of that shines into the dark night just before the dawn breaks.
□ Who’s the Star of your life, your religion?
- The quest of prophetic study, the purpose of apocalyptic investigation is so the Morning Star might rise in our hearts.
- Thus the Apocalypse opens with the stunning reminder: “The revelation of Jesus Christ [not the dragon, the beasts, the mark of the beast, or even Babylon]” (Revelation 1:1).
□ A Four Step Solution
#1—B the Morning Star.
- I Corinthians 2:2—“I determined to know nothing among you except and Him crucified.”
- Philippians 3:10—“I want to know .”
- The most concentrated glory of the “bright and Morning Star” is in the , so read every new dawn.
#2—B over the Morning Star.
- The Bible refers to this as .
- Psalm 119:148—“My eyes are awake through the night watches, that I may on Your word.”
- #3—B before the Morning Star.
- #1—B the Morning Star.
Steps to Christ: “Through sincere we are brought into connection with the mind of the Infinite. We may have no remarkable evidence at the time that the face of our Redeemer is bending over us in compassion and love, but this is even so. We may not feel His visible touch, but His hand is upon us in love and pitying tenderness.” (97)
#4—B the Morning Star.
Oswald Chambers: “. . . Christian experience in the New Testament is that of personal passionate devotion to the Person of Jesus Christ.” (My Utmost for His Highest 334)
“Make the Morning Star your North Star”
Come join Neighbor to Neighbor and our community as they celebrate their new addition.
August 16, 2:00 PM
Location: 9147 US 31, Berrien Springs, MI 49103
Parents, teachers, school board, and community members are invited to join us at Ruth Murdoch Elementary School for our Annual Cleaning/Work Bee on August 9. Let's bring the school community together to enhance the RMES campus and ensure a safe, healthy, happy and welcoming learning environment for our students. Your participation will make a huge difference and will be greatly appreciated. Please remember to bring your mask.
August 9, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Location: Ruth Murodch Elementary School
Do you have the heart to serve the "least of these?" One of our Pioneer ministries provides a simple church service to those in the Juvenile Detention Center in Berrien Center. Saturday evenings at 6:00 PM we host an interactive Bible study and sing songs with the young people there. For more information and to get involved contact Rodlie Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-471-6154.
We are inviting all youth to come out to Lake Chapin every Tuesday night from June 30 - August 11 at 6:00 PM to join us for Sun, Fun, and Faith! We will have boating, fun, and worship. Masks are encouraged and attendees are asked to remember social distancing. The Youth Department is asking for anyone with a boat who can bring it to out to Lake Chapin on Tuesday nights to contact Brooke Scott at 269-932-5783 via text or call.
Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."