To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock”
»Invitation #1—Jesus’ invitation.
• Ralph Carmichael: “The Savior is waiting to enter your heart—why don’t you let Him come in? There’s nothing in this world to keep you apart—what is your answer to Him?”
• Proverbs 23:26—”My child, give Me your .”
• John 14:23—”‘Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our with them.’”
• John 14:17—”‘The Spirit of Truth with you and will be in you.’”
• Ellen White: “That heart is the happiest that has Christ as an abiding . . . . Let us acknowledge Him as our Friend and Saviour.” (My Life Today 157)
»Invitation #2—Jesus’ invitation.
• Mark 13:26, 29 NASB: “‘Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. . . . Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the .’”
• Revelation 22:12, 20: “‘Look! I am coming !’ . . . He who testifies to these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming ‘“
• 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3): “For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, ‘Peace and safety,’ destruction will come on them , as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not [GK: no not] escape.”
• Ellen White: “At this time the Laodicean message is to be given, to arouse a slumbering church. Let the thought of the of time stimulate you to earnest, untiring effort. Remember that Satan has come down with great power, to work with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish.” (Selected Messages 1:196)
»Invitation #3—Jesus’ invitation.
• Jesus isn’t even the church—He’s standing on the !
• Ellen White: “The Holy Spirit waits to soften and subdue hearts; but they are not willing to open the door and let the Saviour in, for fear that He will require something of them. And so Jesus of Nazareth passes by. He longs to bestow on them the rich blessings of His grace, but they refuse to accept them. What a terrible thing it is to exclude Christ from His own temple! What a to the church!” (Testimonies to the Church 6:262)
• Song of Solomon: “[She speaks] I slept but my heart was awake. Listen! My lover is knocking: ‘[He speaks] Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my flawless one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.’ [She] I have taken off my robe—must I put it on again? I have washed my feet—must I soil them again? My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening; my heart began to pound for him. I arose to open for my lover . . .” (Song of Solomon 5:2-5).
• Sigve Tonstad: “. . . to this thoroughly unlikeable community, Jesus propositions a privilege so amazing that I don’t dare repeat it (3:20-21).”
"Come in, Jesus"
Feed the Need
We invite you to take part in the Feed the Need, PMC’s annual Thanksgiving food collection coordinated by the PMC Evergreen Pathfinder club. Please bring non-perishable food to church on Sabbath November 23 to bring forward during the Procession of Thanksgiving during Hymn Fest. We will also be passing and collecting out bags in portions of the community for community members who wish to contribute.
November 23, 2019, 9:00 AM & 11:45 AM
With four decades of performing under their belts, Canadian Brass continues to thrill audiences around the world. Their repertoire includes the works of Renaissance and Baroque masters, Classical works, marches, holiday favorites, ragtime, Dixieland, Latin, jazz, Broadway and Christian music as well as popular songs and standards. They have transformed a previously neglected group of instruments with a limited repertoire into a versatile and vital ensemble that can play everything from Gabrieli to Gershwin! Whatever the style, the music is central and performed with utmost dedication, skill and excellence.
November 17, 2019. 7:00 PM
RMES Multicultural Food Fair
Join us for Authentic food and performances from all over the world Europe,North America, South & Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia, and Africa. Food is inexpensive, authentic and delicious. November 17, 12-3 PM at RMES Cafetorium.
Sunday, November 17, 2019. 12:00-3:00 PM
Location: Ruth Murdock Elementary School
Four Ways You Can Help the Children and Youth in Benton Harbor, MI at the Harbor of Hope Seventh-day Adventist Church
1) Pray for the children, youth, their parents, teachers, and the leaders/
volunteers at Greater Young Kids and Greater Youth Movement.
2) Order Florida Citrus Fruit for yourself, a food pantry like Harbor of
Hope, Neighbor to Neighbor, or God’s Abundant Pantry or order gift boxes
for Christmas gifts! See pictures and order sheets all around Andrews
University. If you are buying fruit for others make a note of where you want
the fruit to go on your check memo line. WE NEED THE ORDERS AND MONEY BY
NOVEMBER 15!!!! We will get the fruit early in December.
3) Order Rada Cutlery and Gifts at: https://radafundraising.com/?rfsn=1862551.e0e1d5
4) Or you can donate money to go straight to helping the children and youth
of Harbor of Hope, just send checks and we will use it to help out.
Contact Terry Trecartin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 645-5684. Make
out checks to Harbor of Hope and send them to the Harbor of Hope church at
769 Pipestone Street Benton Harbor, MI 49022.
The fruit will be delivered to the Harbor of Hope church and you can pick it up there or we can bring it to you at Andrews. Order some for Christmas!
We have order forms and information on some bulletin boards there at Andrews and there are some at Neighbor to Neighbor.
Sabbath November 23 at 4pm WILDERNESS ADVENTURE children's church continues at Andrews Academy. Bring a friend and have fun learning about God! Music, skits, puppets, prizes, crafts and games. Don't miss out!
Saturday, November 23, 2019
Location: Andrews Academy
AU Passion Play Seeking Actors
The Andrews University Passion Play is returning to campus on April 11, 2020! Anyone interested in acting is encouraged to sign up on the website: passionplay.andrews.edu. Additionally, interested volunteers may contact the Drama Director Katharina Burghardt for more information at email@example.com. Please join us in telling Jesus' story this Easter!
Hundreds of used Adventist books, pamphlets, periodicals, Ellen White books, audio-visuals, and more on sale. The sale is conducted during the hours the Center is open (S: 1 - 5 pm, M-Tr: 9 am - 7 pm and F: 9 am -1 pm) and will run for about three or four weeks as long as materials last.
Begins: October 28, 2019, 9:00 AM
Location: Center for Adventist Research