To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD OnlineBuy series
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
»The Truth: John 15:1-5
• Andrew Murray: “So close is the union between the vine and the branch that each is without the other, that each is wholly and only for the .” (Abide in Christ 30-31)
1.“Without the vine the branch can do .” (Abide in Christ 30)
2. “Without the branch the vine can also do.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “A vine without branches can bear no fruit. No indispensable than the vine to the branch is the branch to the vine. Such is the wonderful condescension of the grace of Jesus that, just as His people are dependent on Him, He has made Himself on them. Without His disciples He cannot dispense His blessing to the world; He cannot offer sinners the grapes of the heavenly Canaan.” (Abide in Christ 30)
3. “All the vine possesses to the branches.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “. . . all [the vine] has is at the disposal of the branches. As it is the parent, so it is the servant of the branches. . . . All [Jesus’] fullness and all His riches are for you, O believer; for the vine does not live for itself, keeps nothing for itself, but exists for the branches.”
(Abide in Christ 30-31)
• Ellen White: “Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (Desire of Ages 57)
• “This promised blessing [of the Holy Spirit] brings all other blessings in its train . . . according to the riches of the grace of Christ.” (Desire of Ages 672)
4. “And all the branch possesses to the vine.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• Andrew Murray: “The branch does not exist for itself, but it exists to bear fruit that can proclaim the excellence of the vine. It has not reason for existence except to be of service to the vine. . . . As Jesus gives Himself so wholly over to the believer, the believer feels himself urged to be his Lord’s. Every power of his being, every moment of his life, every thought and feeling belong to Jesus—that from Him and for Him he may bring forth fruit.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• “Now let your answer be, ‘Amen, Lord! So be it. From eternity Christ and I were ordained for ; inseparably we belong to . It is God’s will; I shall abide in Christ.’” (Abide in Christ 47)
“All that You have is mine—
And all that I have is Yours.”
Andrews Academy Feast of Lights 2019
Join us on Friday evening, December 13, and be inspired by a program of music, Scripture readings, and drama honoring the King of Kings.
Feast of Lights is an evening of bells, instrumental music, choral and congregational singing, lights, and a Nativity scene joyfully retelling the Christmas story.
Friday, December 13, 7:00 PM
Andrews Academy Christmas Pops Concert
Usher in the Christmas season by attending an evening of popular Christmas music on Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2019 at 7:00pm. Join us at the Howard Performing Arts Center on the campus of Andrews University for a variety of well-known Christmas songs including a grand finale played by the combined musical groups.
November 26, 7:00 PM
Location: Howard Perfoming Arts Center
Feed the Need
We invite you to take part in the Feed the Need, PMC’s annual Thanksgiving food collection coordinated by the PMC Evergreen Pathfinder club. Please bring non-perishable food to church on Sabbath November 23 to bring forward during the Procession of Thanksgiving during Hymn Fest. We will also be passing and collecting out bags in portions of the community for community members who wish to contribute.
November 23, 2019, 9:00 AM & 11:45 AM
Four Ways You Can Help the Children and Youth in Benton Harbor, MI at the Harbor of Hope Seventh-day Adventist Church
1) Pray for the children, youth, their parents, teachers, and the leaders/
volunteers at Greater Young Kids and Greater Youth Movement.
2) Order Florida Citrus Fruit for yourself, a food pantry like Harbor of
Hope, Neighbor to Neighbor, or God’s Abundant Pantry or order gift boxes
for Christmas gifts! See pictures and order sheets all around Andrews
University. If you are buying fruit for others make a note of where you want
the fruit to go on your check memo line. WE NEED THE ORDERS AND MONEY BY
NOVEMBER 15!!!! We will get the fruit early in December.
3) Order Rada Cutlery and Gifts at: https://radafundraising.com/?rfsn=1862551.e0e1d5
4) Or you can donate money to go straight to helping the children and youth
of Harbor of Hope, just send checks and we will use it to help out.
Contact Terry Trecartin at email@example.com or (423) 645-5684. Make
out checks to Harbor of Hope and send them to the Harbor of Hope church at
769 Pipestone Street Benton Harbor, MI 49022.
The fruit will be delivered to the Harbor of Hope church and you can pick it up there or we can bring it to you at Andrews. Order some for Christmas!
We have order forms and information on some bulletin boards there at Andrews and there are some at Neighbor to Neighbor.
Sabbath November 23 at 4pm WILDERNESS ADVENTURE children's church continues at Andrews Academy. Bring a friend and have fun learning about God! Music, skits, puppets, prizes, crafts and games. Don't miss out!
Saturday, November 23, 2019
Location: Andrews Academy
AU Passion Play Seeking Actors
The Andrews University Passion Play is returning to campus on April 11, 2020! Anyone interested in acting is encouraged to sign up on the website: passionplay.andrews.edu. Additionally, interested volunteers may contact the Drama Director Katharina Burghardt for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please join us in telling Jesus' story this Easter!
Hundreds of used Adventist books, pamphlets, periodicals, Ellen White books, audio-visuals, and more on sale. The sale is conducted during the hours the Center is open (S: 1 - 5 pm, M-Tr: 9 am - 7 pm and F: 9 am -1 pm) and will run for about three or four weeks as long as materials last.
Begins: October 28, 2019, 9:00 AM
Location: Center for Adventist Research